Current Personal Project: SHE Rides - a Female Biker Portrait Series
As a photographer, I hold up the mirror to my clients, helping them see themselves beautiful with my editorial portraiture - capturing the beautiful nuances and emotions of everyday life. I'm available for private photo shoots. Clothed or nude. I use the same voyeuristic style in my event coverage providing a "behind-the-scenes" look with an emphasis on conveying the energy of the event.
My first solo photo exhibit, Man. Toy., was held at the Body Archive Gallery in New York. All images featured in that exhibit were shot on my camera phone at the time. Within months of beginning to teach myself how to shoot manual photography on a DSLR, I was the Grand Prize Winner of the first 40 Acres "BK Loves MJ Photo Contest" judged by Filmmaker and Producer Spike Lee. My solo pop-up exhibit of my Bare Men series was held at The Living Gallery in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
My editorial portrait and nude photography has been presented in various exhibits and group shows.
- Bare Men, "Artist of the Month", Erotic Heritage Museum, Las Vegas, NV
- Bare Men Pop-Up Exhibit, The Living Gallery, Brooklyn NY
- Rising Waters 2.0.: More Photographs of Sandy, Museum of the City of New York, New York, NY
- The Body Collection, Exposure Award Digital Display, Musée du Louvre, Paris, FR
- The Story of the Creative International Exhibit, New York, NY
- See Me Takeover, Times Square, NY
- You've Got Mail! summer exhibit, Ground Floor Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Autumnal - A Group Show, Arthouse.NYC, SoHo, NY
Print and online photography press and features:
- Time Out New York
- L'Oeil de la Photographie (FR)
- The Naked and The Lens: A Guide to Nude Photography, 2nd Edition by Lou Benjamin
- The Huffington Post
- Erotic Review Magazine (UK)
- Follow Magazine
- Itchy Silk
- Feigenblatt Magazine (DE)
- HUF Magazine
- Math Magazine
- Succulent Sex Craft by Sheri Winston, CNM, RN, BSN, LMT
- Your Tango
- WideWalls Magazine (CH)
- Naked Men Happy Women
- GoNaked Magazine
- Mouth&Mouth Magazine
- Pleasurez (DK)
- Corset Magazine
- Live FAST Magazine
Bare Men is my ongoing male nude photography series. Limited Edition objet d'art photography book featuring the first 17 men was published in October 2016.
Positive body image, sensuality, sexuality and gender are promoted through my nude art photography. I believe women should take control of their portrayal as it relates to womanhood, fitness, sex, sexuality, sensuality and simply loving the skin they're in.
Before getting behind the camera, I was an art model and worked with numerous photographers and have been featured in books and photo exhibits including Moregasm: Babeland's Guide to Mind-Blowing Sex, Portraits of Eve and The Naked and the Lens: A Guide to Nude Photography. I also shoot self-portrait photo essays.
Contact me for editorial commissions, to book a private portrait shoot (clothed or nude), event coverage or press/media inquiries.